Monday, July 18, 2011

What can I do about bad orthodontic work and getting my money back?

I had braces for a little less than a year before I realized that no work was really getting done and my teeth hadn't moved one bit. I switched to a new orthodontist that my friend went to and had done great work. About 2 weeks ago I got my braces off- but the work was less than what I expected. I still have gaps in my teeth, the top and bottom are not aligned which still affects my bite, and a top tooth in the front looks out of alignment compared to the rest (in an obvious way). They are better than before and I wear my retainers to keep them from shifting into something worse but Im very unhappy. I want to have it fixed but Im a college student and have hardly any money. I paid to have the work done right and he failed to do that. Im also against the idea of any more metal braces (invisalign is what im trying to do) but I dont know who to go to or what to do. I thought about getting my friend (who is a lawyer) to help, to try and get the money back for the bad treatment using the statement of another orthodontists opinion saying that the work is not done correctly. Any ideas on how I should handle this?? Would I have a case against their office??

No comments:

Post a Comment